English Theme Ice Cream Truck

For the past year, I've been toying with the idea of starting an English theme ice cream truck business. I even posted some legal questions on Avoo, asking lawyers certain questions about trademark infringement. For example: can I use a photo of the queen of England? How dis-similar must our work outfit be from Mary Poppins?

My idea is pretty simple. I want to start with one small truck, and work myself up to more in time (and if the business takes off) The truck will be English themed - think Bulldog, Union Jack, and Queen Victoria on steroids. Each cup used to serve the soft serve ice cream will have the Union Jack. The driver (myself) will wear and English type costume.

When will I be able to start this business? Who knows. But I love collecting my ideas.

TurkeyParlor is a supplier for the ice cream and frozen yogurt business.

Websternaught Store
Soft Serve Ice Cream and Shake Machines
Saniserv Products
Ice Cream Supplier - Facebook
Turkey Parlor Soft Serve Machines
Polar Treats Supplies - Tacoma
Puget Sound Dairy Distributor 
Ice Cream Express Portland/Seattle
Webstaurant - ice cream supplies
Soft Serve Ice Cream Machines
Ice Cream Truck Article Seattle
Nelson's Ice Cream Supply
All Star Cold Plate Freezer
Cardinal Cold Plate Carts
Neon ice cream signs
Ice Cream Truck Soft Serve Machines



Check out the cost of this soft serve machine! Holy Crap!
If you do not have $15,532 to spare on a soft serve machine, maybe you could go the cheaper route and buy a KitchenAid KPFD200SS Pro Line Frozen Dessert machine. It costs $2000 on Amazon. I think this machine could handle only small volume orders. Just think of it this way - sell 15,532 cones for $1 each and then you could buy the big machine.





For freezing, there are three options. The dry plate freezer appears to be the most appropriate freezer, but also more expensive that other freezers. They plug in over night and are cold for the whole day. You won't have to worry about anything because it does not use power during the day, and the freezers are overbuilt with additional insulation and design to take the bumps and bruises that come with being on the road which chest freezers are not designed for. Apparently they are expensive to fix.

I found some cold plate freezers on ebay, but frankly, I do not trust them. I also found a push cart cold plate freezer on Amazon, I do trust them more than ebay.

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments always welcome!